The Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.

HomeFront PageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eberron Two

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

Eberron Two - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th March 2011, 11:01 pm

ehiker133 wrote:

When the warforged brings out their food, Caby will try to strike up a normal conversation with it, just to gauge its response.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th March 2011, 5:01 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:

When the warforged brings out their food, Caby will try to strike up a normal conversation with it, just to gauge its response.

[sorry, lots of RL stuff going on :/ ]

The warforged will answer direct questions, but only simple ones related to his duties and activities. He keeps his own questions very basic, and related to your food and other basic needs, such as supplies for your room or the location of the garderobes. If you ask for more than a certain amount of anything, he seems to have a standard reply about military supply.

Are there any specific questions about his duties or activities that any of you ask?
Back to top Go down
http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th March 2011, 5:25 pm

OOC: Understand, Mike. RL always comes first

IC: Well, with limited responses like that, can't really think of any specific questions to ask...
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th March 2011, 12:50 pm

While the rest of you finished your breakfasts and pondered the warforged who has been serving you, Tagor went up to the chapel (I)

He returns now as you're discussing your next moves.

"When we came back into the garrison this morning, just a while ago, the warforged who had been riding in the wagon with us, those that would be replacements for any who needed replaced out on the work sites, or those that had gotten replaced and Albrecht picked up.. did he pick up any, or just leave some off where those 3 had disappeared from? Well, they didn't actually disappear of course, you saw where they went. I don't think he picked up any, but the ones he had taken out to possibly drop off, but didn't drop off, went through that big door in the mustering hall downstairs, along with the outriders and their horses. I thought it was strange the first morning.. yesterday morning? when we met in the mustering hall and those two soldiers were mounted up right there, inside, but I suppose you wouldn't want to leave your horses outside of course. Outside the garrison walls, I mean, since it's basically just a keep. But then this morning when we came back into the garrison, those two soldiers rode their horses through that big door in the mustering hall, and the extra warforged went with them. I wonder where that door goes to. I wonder what this warforged server here does when he's not working in the mess hall, or where he goes. Did you ask him anything like that?"

This time Tagor doesn't get the usual sheepish look after his rambling, and doesn't seem to realise he's been going on for several minutes.
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16th March 2011, 11:03 pm

DM wrote:
I wonder what this warforged server here does when he's not working in the mess hall, or where he goes. Did you ask him anything like that?.

Ducats abruptly asks the warforged server "what do you do when you're not working in the mess hall, anyhow?"
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16th March 2011, 11:35 pm

Jaral barely manages to swallow his sip of tea, then turns his attention to the server.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th March 2011, 12:36 am

Cole wrote:
DM wrote:
I wonder what this warforged server here does when he's not working in the mess hall, or where he goes. Did you ask him anything like that?.

Ducats abruptly asks the warforged server "what do you do when you're not working in the mess hall, anyhow?"

"I go below, to the stables, and report to Corporal Meier."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd March 2011, 12:43 am

Caby stops the warforged the next time he passes by, "Warforged, what is behind the great door in the mustering room? Why are men leading horses through it?"
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd March 2011, 8:49 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby stops the warforged the next time he passes by, "Warforged, what is behind the great door in the mustering room? Why are men leading horses through it?"

"That door goes below, to the stables."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th March 2011, 1:24 am

Caby turns to Tagor and says, "Um... so why do you think it is weird that the warforged went into the doorway where the stables are? I'm not following your line of reasoning, I guess..."
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th March 2011, 10:24 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby turns to Tagor and says, "Um... so why do you think it is weird that the warforged went into the doorway where the stables are? I'm not following your line of reasoning, I guess..."

"I thought they just lived there, myself."
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th March 2011, 3:11 pm

Tagor says "Oh, nothing weird about that.. I thought it was odd at first that soldiers would be mounted on their horses inside the keep. But that was before I realised the stables were inside, down below. And I suppose it makes sense that the warforged are kept down there, since they.." he looks around "..seem to treat them more like horses or something here anyway. But I was trying to get straight in my mind all we know about the warforged, so far. Since this is what this whole mysterious business seems to be about. The warforged, that is."

"The warforged are only supposed to follow directions from these soldiers.
But, the warforged also followed directions from this stranger Ducats saw.
They followed others directions after hearing an odd elf-like word.
Lt. Jung has been experimenting with the warforged, related to them being independent.
His experiments are secret, and he says they are unsuccessful.
Lt. Jung has an assistant, Corporal Meier, who is down in the stables."
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th March 2011, 9:51 pm

Maybe we can chat with Corporal Meier while we're here. But after that, gentlemen, we need to decide if this situation with the 'forged is something we can realistically handle right now. I hesitate to focus on other issues while Push is missing, but I'm not eager to visit Dolurrh, either.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th March 2011, 12:37 am

"Uncle, I understood we thought the two might be related, which was why we were looking into this in the first place..."
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th March 2011, 1:40 am

ooc - "Other Issues" referring to goblinoids.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th March 2011, 10:12 am

OOC: Ah, sorry.
Back to top Go down
SpaceMonkeyX

SpaceMonkeyX

Character sheet
Name: Finora the Wolf Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th March 2011, 12:54 am

A question, if I may.

I'm new to these Warforged (at least I think I am...I don't really remember), so pardon me if this seems like a silly question.

Where do the Warforged come from? Are they manufactured somewhere? Who supplies them to the garrison?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spacemonkeyx.com
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th March 2011, 5:20 pm

SpaceMonkeyX wrote:
A question, if I may.

I'm new to these Warforged (at least I think I am...I don't really remember), so pardon me if this seems like a silly question.

Where do the Warforged come from? Are they manufactured somewhere? Who supplies them to the garrison?

The warforged server responds "I was created at the Catalon War Foundry in Making. I was assigned to work in the Vulyar garrison by Sergeant Gregor Mentz in Vedyakar."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th March 2011, 11:41 pm

Llama wrote:
Maybe we can chat with Corporal Meier while we're here. But after that, gentlemen, we need to decide if this situation with the 'forged is something we can realistically handle right now. I hesitate to focus on other issues while Push is missing, but I'm not eager to visit Dolurrh, either.

"Let's go chat with Corporal Meier and see what he knows."

Caby looks a bit confused at Jaral's statement. "So you don't think we can handle this issue with the warforged, uncle? Or you don't want to focus on anything else until it is done?"
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th March 2011, 12:00 am

The server says "you may reach Corporal Meier by going through the large double doors in the mustering hall, which you may reach by going down that stairwell." He points to the door in the northwest corner of the mess hall.
Back to top Go down
SpaceMonkeyX

SpaceMonkeyX

Character sheet
Name: Finora the Wolf Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th March 2011, 12:44 am

DM wrote:
SpaceMonkeyX wrote:
A question, if I may.

The warforged server responds "I was created at the Catalon War Foundry in Making. I was assigned to work in the Vulyar garrison by Sergeant Gregor Mentz in Vedyakar."

Hmm...I wonder if the Foundry would be worth visiting (assuming we can get there easily). Barring that, perhaps Sergeant Mentz is someone of interest. It seems odd that the Warforged can be swayed to leave their post with only a simple command. It's almost as though someone responsible for their creation might have hidden means to command them for their own purposes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spacemonkeyx.com
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th March 2011, 12:50 am

Caby, both of your statements are correct. I want to find Push, but not certain we can handle whatever is taking the 'Forged. Then again, I didn't see the armored thing speaking Elvish, so maybe I'm making more of it than is necessary.

I'm not certain, but aren't the 'Forged old? No longer manufactured?
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th March 2011, 12:55 am

The server says "all creation forges were destroyed according to the Treaty of Thronehold."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th March 2011, 11:08 am

Llama wrote:
Caby, both of your statements are correct. I want to find Push, but not certain we can handle whatever is taking the 'Forged. Then again, I didn't see the armored thing speaking Elvish, so maybe I'm making more of it than is necessary.

I'm not certain, but aren't the 'Forged old? No longer manufactured?

"Well, the missing warforged issue seems to be one that affects us, indirectly, as well as the entire garrison of this town, so it does carry some importance... All we really have to do is find out what is happening to them; we don't necessarily have to fight an entire elven army. I think we should actively pursue this for a little longer, at least, before giving up on Push."

"Let's start by talking to Corporal Meier."

Caby leads the way, following the warforged server's directions.

As they walk, she starts talking aloud, not necessarily to anyone in particular, but just letting her mind wander...

"So could Lt. Jung be taking the warforged for some other purpose? Or maybe Corporal Meier is working on his own? And air ships aren't cheap, so... they'd have to be working for someone with a lot of money. Or maybe... Do you think someone could be using the Brass Raven, using their own ship, to do this? The next time we talk to Captain Thule, we need to find out where the Brass Raven is kept. Maybe Ducats and I can get a view of it from below and see if the profile looks the same as what we saw last night. And maybe we can talk to the captain of the Brass Raven to see if they keep logs of where it goes - specifically, where it was last night."
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th March 2011, 5:54 pm

Eberron Two - Page 3 Norman10

Leaving the mess hall [G] you go down the northwest stair [the tower with the flag] to the mustering hall [C]. From there, you are unmolested as you pass through the tall double doors at the northeast corner of the room.

A dark, wide stair, almost shallow enough to be a ramp, descends eastward for a short distance, then turns south. It is lit infrequently by dim coldfire crystals, each pool of yellowish light only barely touching the next. By the time you've reached the bottom, you have smelled the horses.

You emerge in the stables [M]. The floor is all stone block here. There are wooden stalls built against the stone walls and between heavy stone block columns. You see tack and harness, barding, straw, hay, a couple of soldiers, at least one warforged doing stable work, and several horses leaning heads out of their stalls to look at you. A shaft of light squeezes through a narrow slit just past the stairs. A few wooden steps rise up to it, and two crossbows and a case labeled quarrels lie next to it. Peering through the dim light, you see at the back of the stable area a corner of some sort of barred area. As you look that way, there is movement there for just a moment. Behind the sounds of horses and work, you also hear the distant but unmistakable sound of clashing swords coming from somewhere down here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   Eberron Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eberron Two
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next