The Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.

HomeFront PageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eberron One

Go down 
+3
Cole
ehiker133
DM
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

Eberron One - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 10:52 am

"I think what Ducats means is, what does her room look like? Can we check it out to see if there might be some clue as to where she is?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 11:20 am

ehiker133 wrote:
"I think what Ducats means is, what does her room look like? Can we check it out to see if there might be some clue as to where she is?"

"Like that, yeah."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 11:50 am

"It might be useful to note if she left in a hurry or took the time to pack up some personal stuff or if her room is disturbed in any way. Or maybe even if there was a struggle."
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 1:01 pm

Jaral chuckles. "If Push was in a scuffle, I think the whole town would have heard. She's BIG! Maybe she did take some personal effects, though - good idea to check."
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 1:17 pm

Adolf says "Oh.. oh, I zee.. yes, of course." He looks around, judging how busy it is right now. He gives you a quick smile "yes, follow follow."

He lights a candle and heads upstairs, toward the back of the inn down a long, shadowy, second floor corridor, around another corner, up a two step landing, around another corner, down another dark hallway, and thereupon stops at one of the doors and starts looking through his enormous keyring. "Here ve are." He unlocks the door and somewhat nervously steps inside, holding the door for you all to join him inside.

The room is about 10x15, good sized for an inn room, and has no window. The first thing that strikes you is that there is no bed and no chairs. The room is extremely clean and tidy. There are two dressers, one about waist high (with a candelabra on top,) the other head height, and a large wardrobe. There are also several tall bookcases, containing quite a few books, but mostly holding a wide array of small items, difficult to make out in the dim light unless one were to approach them closely with a candle. There are also several metal hooks next to the door, one of which is occupied by her apron. Finally, against one wall and between two of the bookcases there lies a good-sized chest which Ducats immediately recognises as military in origin.
Back to top Go down
http://migellito.blogspot.com/
SpaceMonkeyX

SpaceMonkeyX

Character sheet
Name: Finora the Wolf Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 1:23 pm

I don't see any signs of a struggle, nor her leaving in any kind of hurry. Do you see anything missing, Adolf, that might indicate she packed for a trip? Or does everything seem to be where it should?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spacemonkeyx.com
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 1:32 pm

Caby cautiously enters Push's room, tempering her discomfort at entering uninvited with the concern Adolf has for his missing employee.

"I agree, Finora. It's very tidy. She certainly wasn't taken from here with a struggle." She turns to Adolf and says, "I hate to poke through someone's personal stuff, but it might help us get a better idea of what is going on."

She approaches the bookcase to try and make out the items on it more clearly.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 4:16 pm

SpaceMonkeyX wrote:
I don't see any signs of a struggle, nor her leaving in any kind of hurry. Do you see anything missing, Adolf, that might indicate she packed for a trip? Or does everything seem to be where it should?

"No, everyting looks the zame as it ever.. oh.. dese hooks by de door. Dere is an old sword and scabbard that always hangs here, you see?" He points to a lighter area of plaster in the shape of a scabbard under the hooks. It appears to be a big zweihander.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 4:33 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby cautiously enters Push's room, tempering her discomfort at entering uninvited with the concern Adolf has for his missing employee.

"I agree, Finora. It's very tidy. She certainly wasn't taken from here with a struggle." She turns to Adolf and says, "I hate to poke through someone's personal stuff, but it might help us get a better idea of what is going on."

She approaches the bookcase to try and make out the items on it more clearly.

"I understand, but it is alright." He goes over and lights the candles in the candelabra on top of the dresser. "You can tell a lot about a man by how he brews his beer, you see. I must get back to verk.. let me know before you are leafink again." With that, he heads back out of the room and off down the hallway.

The first bookcase you approach is filled, along with a few books, with what some might call chachkies. There are many tiny framed paintings of people, both men and women, about half of whom seem to be in military uniform. There are also many small figurines of metal, wood, stone and ceramic, as well as a couple of small stuffed fabric dolls. Here and there are pinecones, acorns, dry leaves and dried flowers, as well as several small boxes of wood and stone of various shapes.
Back to top Go down
SpaceMonkeyX

SpaceMonkeyX

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 5:54 pm

If her sword is gone, I'd say she must have had plan to use it or felt a need to defend herself wherever she was going. I have a feeling she has not simply gone to the country to visit friends.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime26th January 2011, 6:43 pm

Caby's eyes go wide at the sight of a shadow of a sword almost twice as long as she is tall.

"Wow."

She turns back to the bookcase and looks the items over more carefully. She takes note of the other people in the paintings in hopes that maybe she will recognize them if she were to see them in person.

Then she heads over to the trunk and opens it carefully to see what is inside.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 4:05 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby's eyes go wide at the sight of a shadow of a sword almost twice as long as she is tall.

"Wow."

She turns back to the bookcase and looks the items over more carefully. She takes note of the other people in the paintings in hopes that maybe she will recognize them if she were to see them in person.

Then she heads over to the trunk and opens it carefully to see what is inside.

The trunk is locked.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 10:07 am

OOC: Door's locked; let's move on to the next one.

IC: "Well, I'm certainly not going to break into any of Push's personal stuff. I don't know if there is anything else to find here, except that she wasn't taken by force and she took a very large sword with her..."
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 10:08 am

Jaral looks at the outline of the sword for a moment, then says "I need to check my brew before we get going," and disappears out the door.

He makes his way downstairs and does take some time stirring and tasting the batch of beer. When Adolf comes through the kitchen, Jaral motions the man over. "Our beer will be ready in a few more days, my friend!" With a lowered voice, he continues, "You said there are some who feel that those like Push have no souls. If that were the case, how would Push make decisions about her life? Forgive me for asking - I know Push is part of your family - but do you think there is a chance that Push may have left not of her own will?"
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 4:40 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
OOC: Door's locked; let's move on to the next one.

IC: "Well, I'm certainly not going to break into any of Push's personal stuff. I don't know if there is anything else to find here, except that she wasn't taken by force and she took a very large sword with her..."

While Caby tried the chest, Tagor took a candle out of the candelabra and looked around on another of the (4) bookcases, this one just on the other side of the trunk. "Hmm, that's odd. A very unusual painting style too. There was a cathedral in Thaliost, back in Thrane, where whole rooms and halls were full of paintings, but I never saw any like this. Of course, being in Thrane, there would never be undead like this in a painting, but it's a whole different technique. Some of the paintings there were terribly old, but part of them were preserved with some kind of enchantment. There were statues too, and.. " he looks back toward the party, a bit embarrassed. "Sorry.."
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 4:46 pm

Llama wrote:
Jaral looks at the outline of the sword for a moment, then says "I need to check my brew before we get going," and disappears out the door.

He makes his way downstairs and does take some time stirring and tasting the batch of beer. When Adolf comes through the kitchen, Jaral motions the man over. "Our beer will be ready in a few more days, my friend!" With a lowered voice, he continues, "You said there are some who feel that those like Push have no souls. If that were the case, how would Push make decisions about her life? Forgive me for asking - I know Push is part of your family - but do you think there is a chance that Push may have left not of her own will?"

Adolf stops working for a moment and stands up straight, thinking, his fingers pulling on the big handlebars of his mustache. "Only if dey knew zometing about her dat I don't.. or if it vas zome kind of wizardy.. zome magic, you see. But I know zo leetle about de forged peoples. Is dere zome zecret way to command dem? I don't know, you see."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 4:52 pm

OOC: Oops. Didn't realize there was more than one bookcase. Sorry.

IC: Caby squints over at the paintings Tagor is referring to. "Undead? In a painting?"
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 9:23 pm

DM wrote:
Adolf stops working for a moment and stands up straight, thinking, his fingers pulling on the big handlebars of his mustache. "Only if dey knew zometing about her dat I don't.. or if it vas zome kind of wizardy.. zome magic, you see. But I know zo leetle about de forged peoples. Is dere zome zecret way to command dem? I don't know, you see."

Jaral nods his head. "I understand, Adolf. Push is the first of the forged people I have really met, so I know less than you." He smiles and covers the brew. "Hopefully we can celebrate Push's return with this beer, when it's ready in a few days!"

With that, Jaral heads back up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 9:29 pm

On this bookcase you see bits of clockwork, a large brass ball about 5 inches across with lines and symbols engraved into it, an old oil can, a small star-shaped trophy "977 - Korth Lists - Footmen - 2nd", several books, and many small pieces of machinery. The small painting is the only one in this bookcase, and is a bit larger than the ones you saw earlier. It is reproduced exactly below:
Eberron One - Page 34 Cbpiii10
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 9:31 pm

ooc - Hey, I wanna be a zombie! Can I be a zombie? Huh? huh? pig
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 10:20 pm

OOC: lol @ llama

Perv.

IC: "Interesting," Caby says as she blushes and looks away. "Ummm... let's see what's on the other bookcases..."

Caby examines the last bookcases.
Back to top Go down
SpaceMonkeyX

SpaceMonkeyX

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 10:22 pm

Can Forged prefer the company of women? Is that even...possible? *blink, blink*
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 11:16 pm

"Did she paint these,or someone else?"
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime27th January 2011, 11:18 pm

SpaceMonkeyX wrote:

"Adolf's a man, right? She works for him."
Back to top Go down
SpaceMonkeyX

SpaceMonkeyX

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime28th January 2011, 12:00 am

Cole wrote:
SpaceMonkeyX wrote:

"Adolf's a man, right? She works for him."

I was referring to the rather buxom, scantily-clad woman in the painting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 34 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eberron One
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next