The Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.

HomeFront PageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eberron One

Go down 
+3
Cole
ehiker133
DM
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

Eberron One - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 2:06 am

DM wrote:
Cole wrote:
DM wrote:

*]A large iron-bound wooden chest, with a hasp but no lock

any sign of traps?

10 minutes of examination reveals no traps on or around the chest.

Ducats will stand a bit away and to the side of the chest, and use a chair to knock it open
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 2:11 am

You breath a sigh of relief as the lid flips back harmlessly to reveal glittering coins, their reflection dazzling in the lantern light. Sitting atop the coins of copper and electrum are a scroll case and a clear pint bottle filled with rust-brown liquid and stopped with a waxed cork.
Back to top Go down
http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 10:54 am

[IC]
"I guess the box itself isn't worth much anymore - stupid goblins."

Caby takes out her knife and attempts to open the box, using her knife to score at the glue line until she can stick the tip in and pry at it. Once opened, she'll examine the contents.

She then follows Ducats and Jaral into the back room and watches Ducats from a few feet away. Once Ducats gets the chest opened, Caby's eyebrows raise at the sight of the glittering coins and she mutters, "Fringe benefits!"

While Ducats and Jaral sort through the coins, Caby examines the desk, looking for any signs of hidden compartments, pulling out all of the drawers completely from the carcass, searching for catches or latches, checking to make sure the depth of the drawers matches the outside space of the drawer minus a half inch or so, etc.

Then Caby will sort through the clothing to see if any of it appears to be of value. If nothing does, then she'll help Ducats and Jaral load the coins into sacks and take it back to the rope opening.

"We should see if Tagor can read this scroll. And we should find someone to identify what's in the flask - might be something that comes in handy!"

[OOC]
Once we get to the bottom of the rope, it might be a good time to split up all of the treasure into shares so everyone can carry their own weight (except for Meeks, who gets to carry as much of the weapons as we can load onto him!).
Back to top Go down
http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 4:08 pm

The little box contains a lock of blonde hair.

There are 5 thousand copper coins and 2 thousand electrum coins in the chest.

One of the drawers proves to be more than an inch in disagreement between it's inner and outer dimensions, but removal of the false panel in the bottom reveals only ink stains.

Tagor opens the scroll case..

and it doesn't explode. He finds a rolled vellum within, and reads it. He says it's a magical blessing of the Host.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 4:14 pm

Jaral fills his quiver and carries his portion of the load without comment.

"While we're here," he mentions, "we may as well follow the stairs down. Make sure the job is done."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 4:31 pm

[OOC]
Oomph! That's 700 lbs of coin! Sad

I have a large sac (60 lbs capacity) and a small sack (20 lbs capacity) and probably some room in my backpack, but I don't think I can easily carry around another 140 lbs in coin, even if I do have someplace to put it.

We have ourselves a logistical problem, gentlemen...

So do we bring all the coin down into the room where the rope goes up and the stairs goes down and place it back against the far wall until we can hire two more people to come down and help us? Maybe we could take the electrum and then go get Karl and one other to help us carry the 5000 coppers for 100 coppers each. The electrum would only be a weight of 50 lbs per party member, so we might be able to pack that out...

In case this doesn't get settled in the next 30 minutes, Matt, I'll trust your judgment on resolving this one!

I'd be fine with moving everything down to the room we entered from the bridge, all the way in the far back, and then check out the stairs to see what is down there.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime19th November 2010, 4:44 pm

ooc - I see no reason why we can't leave it here for now. I would think the common riff-raff wouldn't come into this room uninvited, if one should happen to come in the tree behind us - which seems unlikely as well.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime21st November 2010, 10:19 pm

[OOC]
Ummm... nobody did anything over the weekend?

[IC]
After a pause of what seemed like days, but was really just the blink of an eye, Caby says, "Ok, we're going to have to leave the bulk of these coins here and try to come back for them later. Maybe we can get Karl and his son to help us. But before we bring anyone back here to do that, Jaral is right - we'll need to make sure this goblin nest is cleared. Let's make sure there is nothing down these steps."

Caby organizes getting all of the copper coins moved to the back of the cave, then picks up her shield and goes down the spiral stairs, motioning for everyone else to follow.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 1:28 am

[I'll assume you follow, unless you say otherwise]

It takes some time, but you get the coins shifted.

Feeling a bit more committed this time round, you begin descending the spiral stair. It goes down and down, plunging into the silent darkness. Judging by the central column of stones, the steps descend nearly 60 feet before the steps suddenly end at a large door.

The door is 3 feet wide and 9 feet high. It is made entirely of black iron, and set into an ornate arch carved into the stone wall of the stairwell. There is a large iron handle on the left of the door which seems to lever either up or down to open it. There are large, iron knuckled hinges on the right.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 10:29 am

[IC]
Turning to make sure everyone is prepared, Caby first listens at the door to see if she hears anything coming from the other side.

If she hears nothing, then she'll push down on the handle and push the door open.

(Is that still a 1-2 on a d6, Mike? Let me know if I need to do something differently next time on door opening attempts.)
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 10:29 am

The member 'ehiker133' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd6' :
Eberron One - Page 25 D06_610 Eberron One - Page 25 D06_510 Eberron One - Page 25 D06_610
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 5:12 pm

It is still a d6, but the handle pushes down, and the door pushes inward without undue effort. It opens onto a room that is fully done in large, heavy stone blocks, floor, walls and groined and vaulted ceiling.

The wall opposite the door is at the edge of your lantern light, 30 feet away. To the left of the door, the floor stops after about 10 feet in a heavy iron railing. Beyond is a lower part of the room, some 20 feet below the level of the floor you're on. Over the edge of the floor at the railing, you can see hints of odd machinery down there before the lower level recedes into darkness beyond your light.

To the right of the door, you see what to some of you is the all-too familiar sight of a military barracks room. 3-high bunks of wood and canvas, simple but sturdy. Stools and small tables. Empty weapon racks and armor pegs. The stone wall is about 30 feet to the right of the door, and on this side of the room only the far corner remains in the darkness beyond your lantern light. All furnishings are dusty and badly abused, with many pieces broken apart and lying in bits.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 5:12 pm

The member 'DM' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd6' :
Eberron One - Page 25 D06_210
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 5:14 pm

As you stand in the open iron doorway, you lantern light plays across the forms of sleeping goblins on several of the bottom bunks to the right side of the room.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 6:12 pm

[IC]
Caby silently points to the goblin figures in the bunk beds and creeps into the room, making way for Jaral, Ducats, Tagor, Meeks, and Cash.

[OOC]
How many bunks look like they are occupied by goblins?

And to the party - do we go for a kill-them-in-their-sleep-by-cutting-their-throats kind of thing? Ducats? Smile Or do we ready bows and give them a chance to surrender?

Oh, and I'll update maps here in just a bit, too.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 6:19 pm

Jaral pulls his thumb across his throat, indicating his preferred course of action. Some things deserve a good killin' - and as he remembers the stories about the farmhouse, he feels these things especially deserve it.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 6:26 pm

[IC]
Caby nods her head in agreement and adjusts the grip on her short sword.

[OOC]
Will wait to hear how many are there before approaching the beds... I suspect this is something Tagor would not partake in and would be left up to Caby, Jaral, Ducats, and Meeks to accomplish.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 6:41 pm

Many of the bunks are hidden from direct view, but you definitely see 3 sleeping goblins. In a small open area near the middle you see the cold remains of a campfire and some rubbish. There seems to be something odd on top of the iron posts of the railing to the left, but you can't quite make out what.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 8:28 pm

[IC]
Caby creeps forward towards the bunks to get a better look at how many goblins they are dealing with. She motions for the others to follow and nods to her sword to indicate they should draw their weapons if they haven't already.

Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 8:34 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
Caby creeps forward towards the bunks to get a better look at how many goblins they are dealing with. She motions for the others to follow and nods to her sword to indicate they should draw their weapons if they haven't already.

The bunks are still mostly in rows, plus they throw a lot of shadows from your lantern, so you're unsure of your count. You count 5.
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 10:19 pm

Ducats creeps as quietly as possible to the nearest goblin, sword drawn.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 10:23 pm

Jaral pads his way to a different goblin, hoping to get into striking range unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 10:47 pm

Reeks finds a fourth sleeping goblin, and dispatches it with his sword. You are all able to do the same, without undue noise. Reeks picks the lantern up again and walks over near Caby.

Moving around amongst the bunks, you find 2 more goblins, for a total of 6. All expire quietly, if so desired.

You find nothing unique in the aforementioned dark corner.

As you walk about the room, dispatching the goblins, you see the strange objects on top of some of the iron posts of the railing are severed human heads. Several of the heads were small enough that they had to have their bases broken out to fit on the posts.

In the room, from items found near each sleeping goblin, you compile the following:
6 short swords
1 dagger
30 electrum
10 silver
Everything else is in filthy ruins.

Once inside the room, you see a break in the railing at the wall near the door you entered. A set of stone steps descends from there to the lower floor, about 20 feet down. The entire length of stair is built against the wall of the room.
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 10:49 pm

Ducats examines the top of the stair for traps, looking especially steps that look dusty or often-skipped.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 10:51 pm

Cole wrote:
Ducats examines the top of the stair for traps, looking especially steps that look dusty or often-skipped.

The 3rd step down has no footprints, only an even coat of dust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eberron One
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next