The Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.

HomeFront PageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eberron One

Go down 
+3
Cole
ehiker133
DM
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

Eberron One - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime23rd November 2010, 11:34 pm

At some private moment, when only the party members are present, Jaral asks whether anyone knows if Brooner had a family, and if so, makes certain that the family receives his share of the findings.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime24th November 2010, 1:20 am

[OOC]
Reeks already confirmed he did not. It was in a post Mike put in the Table Chatter thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 2:20 am

ehiker133 wrote:
We'll exchange as much of it as we can, then, at the local store. Hopefully the four of us wouldn't have any problems carrying the rest of it to Vulyar.

(Let us know how much we can't exchange.)

While we're staying in Vom, Tagor should cast a Detect Magic spell and check the items we brought back before we sell them, paying special attention to:
- the axe from the Zeeg farm
- the longsword from the goblin leader
- the dagger from the goblin leader
- the green cloak Ducats has from the Claw Pit cloak room
- the old tin whistle (you never know)
- the malachite figurine

Only the malachite figurine evinces a dweomer.
Back to top Go down
http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 2:26 am

The man at the dry goods store will change 2500 copper to 22 gold and 5 silver. [that's a 10% fee, by the way]
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 11:22 am

DM wrote:
The man at the dry goods store will change 2500 copper to 22 gold and 5 silver. [that's a 10% fee, by the way]

Taking this into consideration...

ehiker133 wrote:

So final division is:
Caby - 44 gp, 26 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Ducats - 44 gp, 26 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Jaral - 44 gp, 26 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Tagor - 44 gp, 26 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Reeks - 20 gp, 13 ep, 3 sp, 500 cp
Karl's family - 500 cp, 3 ep, 3 sp

If that looks right to everyone (Mike, want to check the convoluted process by which I came up with this) then please update your character sheets accordingly.

Interesting about the statue! Now how do we go about trying to figure out what it can do? Hmmm...

[IC]
Caby examines the malachite figure in great detail, taking note of anything of importance in the appearance or stature of the figurine. She wants to see if it is in a specific kind of pose or appears to be doing an action of some kind and is also looking for any kind of writing on it, maybe on the base or the bottom of it.

Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 2:08 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
DM wrote:

Taking this into consideration...

ehiker133 wrote:

So final division is:
Caby - 44 gp, 26 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Ducats - 44 gp, 26 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Jaral - 44 gp, 26 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Tagor - 44 gp, 26 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Reeks - 20 gp, 13 ep, 3 sp, 500 cp
Karl's family - 500 cp, 3 ep, 3 sp

If that looks right to everyone (Mike, want to check the convoluted process by which I came up with this) then please update your character sheets accordingly.

Interesting about the statue! Now how do we go about trying to figure out what it can do? Hmmm...

[IC]
Caby examines the malachite figure in great detail, taking note of anything of importance in the appearance or stature of the figurine. She wants to see if it is in a specific kind of pose or appears to be doing an action of some kind and is also looking for any kind of writing on it, maybe on the base or the bottom of it.

The above adds up to 284.4 gold worth of coin, out of 1050 gold worth of coin in the chest. 5000cp = 50gp and 2000ep = 1000gp Smile

The malachite figurine seems fairly unremarkable. If mundane it might be worth 5 to 10 silver. There's no writing, and it's just standing there. Your examination does reveal that it's supposed to be a female dragon-headed humanoid.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 2:18 pm

Jaral takes a moment to return the two scrap shields. He's lost his interest in dickering, however, and simply returns the shields to the smithy with a polite thank you.

ooc - sleep with that dragon woman under your pillow, Caby! What's the worst that could happen? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 2:19 pm

Sorry, that didn't include the 2000 ep split earlier.

After a minor mathematical change, the FINAL final division is:

ehiker133 wrote:

Caby - 44 gp, 470 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Ducats - 44 gp, 470 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Jaral - 44 gp, 470 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Tagor - 44 gp, 470 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Reeks - 20 gp, 235 ep, 3 sp, 500 cp
Karl's family - 500 cp, 3 ep, 4 sp

(I've got to figure out a better way of doing THAT.)
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 2:51 pm

Llama wrote:
Jaral takes a moment to return the two scrap shields. He's lost his interest in dickering, however, and simply returns the shields to the smithy with a polite thank you.

ooc - sleep with that dragon woman under your pillow, Caby! What's the worst that could happen? Twisted Evil

[OOC]
I'm not sleeping with a dragon lady figurine, Llama. Razz

But I haven't a clue as to how to figure out the danged thing. Hey, why don't YOU try sleeping with it?

(in the interest of politeness and common decency, the conversation I held in my head after the comments about sleeping with female statues and any reference to the REAL "Caby", who was someone I dated for several years off and on in college, was never typed out... Sorry. Or... you're welcome.)

[IC]
Caby shrugs and places the figurine in a safe place in her pack and says, "We'll just sleep on it and see if something comes to us."

[OOC]
By the way... that's a bit of weight for all of us to be carrying around. Is there any kind of jeweler in Vom, Mike?
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 3:18 pm

No jeweler. Pack animals, however, are available in both oxen and draft horse variety. Not much call for mules around here, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 5:41 pm

What about a pony?

Or what are the costs for the various pack animals? That might help us decide.

I currently have 903 coins on me, which is 90 lbs. That's a lot, considering all my other gear, especially for a halfling. If we're done here in Vom, then we should consider heading back down to Vulyar. In order for us to do that, we should consider some kind of a pack animal...

I guess before we leave, we could see if there is anything else to do in this area... more Emerald Claw activity to follow up on?

What do you think, Llama and Cole?
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 6:02 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
What about a pony?

Or what are the costs for the various pack animals? That might help us decide.

I currently have 903 coins on me, which is 90 lbs. That's a lot, considering all my other gear, especially for a halfling. If we're done here in Vom, then we should consider heading back down to Vulyar. In order for us to do that, we should consider some kind of a pack animal...

I guess before we leave, we could see if there is anything else to do in this area... more Emerald Claw activity to follow up on?

What do you think, Llama and Cole?

Costs are as on page 16 of the LL book. No donkeys or mules in the area, but a chance for ponies..
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 6:02 pm

The member 'DM' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd100' : 66
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 6:04 pm

DM wrote:
The member 'DM' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd100' : 66

And no ponies.. aww.
[during my tenure in WoW, the subject of ponies, and players not getting one, became a ubiquitous in-joke] Smile
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 6:31 pm

Hmmm... draft horse looks like our best option.

Split 4-ways, that's just 10 gp each and we should be able to make most of that back selling it in Vulyar...

Says beasts of burden can carry 200 lbs at normal speed (120') and twice that for half speed. I don't think most of US can travel that fast, so we could easily get the 360# worth of coin on it (maybe less, as I'd keep some of my gold on my person).

So that would probably be:
Draft Horse - 40 GP
large sacks (each of us will need two) - 16 SP
Feed (4 days, just in case) - 4 SP

That would break down to 10 GP and 1 EP each for all the supplies needed.

(I feel like I'm in some sort of medieval economics class lately...)
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 8:25 pm

ehiker133 wrote:

Split 4-ways, that's just 10 gp each and we should be able to make most of that back selling it in Vulyar...

Says beasts of burden can carry 200 lbs at normal speed (120') and twice that for half speed. I don't think most of US can travel that fast, so we could easily get the 360# worth of coin on it (maybe less, as I'd keep some of my gold on my person).

Draft Horse - 40 GP

Sounds good Smile The halflings will find the horse odd, not only because it's unbelievably enormous, but also because they're used to bird-hipped saurians.

Eberron One - Page 27 Ardenn10
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 8:44 pm

ooc - zomg that thing is hung like a . . . horse!

Jaral keeps a wary eye on the hairy beast.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime29th November 2010, 10:11 pm

[OOC]
Boooo, Llama, booo!

[IC]
Caby's eyes get wide as the draft horse is pulled out of the pen. "Umm... Tagor, you might want to be the one to lead the house, er, horse..."

[OOC]
So is that the plan, then? Hopefully Cole will check the forum soon...
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime30th November 2010, 1:23 am

ehiker133 wrote:

Draft Horse - 40 GP

Sounds good to me. Sorry, didn't see a notification for a while.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime30th November 2010, 3:19 am

[OOC]
Then that's what we'll do! Everyone deduct 10 gp and 1 ep from your coin for the cost of the horse, food, and sacks. We'll split what we can sell it for when we reach our destination. Unless, of course, we end up traveling somewhere else for whatever reason - another job, maybe?

[IC]
Caby collects the money from everyone and makes the purchase of the horse, sacks, and horse feed. She leaves it up to Ducats or Tagor, however, to lead the gigantic horse around. Then she takes her two sacks, puts all of her copper and silver in one bag and all of her electrum in the second bag. Then she uses a bit of rope to tie the bags off and together so they can rest across the horse's back. She'll make it hang high enough that they can use a wool blanket to drape over the horse and make it a bit more inconspicuous as they travel. (Assuming the others will do something similar - maybe we can put some odd supplies on top of the horse, like the shovel Tagor picked up from the Zeeg farm, other blankets or sleeping rolls we might have, maybe the axe Caby picked up from the farm, too...)

She'll keep her gold on her person, just in case...
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime30th November 2010, 3:24 am

ehiker133 wrote:
She leaves it up to Ducats or Tagor, however, to lead the gigantic horse around.

Ducats can do that. It makes for a good image. "Look at that moon-faced fop towing along that gigantic horse with nothing between his hat and his shoulders but a powdered wig and a vacant stare. Easy marks!"

The next adventure'll find us.

Wink
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime30th November 2010, 2:15 pm

[OOC]
I guess we'll have said our goodbyes to Karl and his family then and started heading back down to Vulyar.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime30th November 2010, 2:27 pm

Excellent on all counts! I'll update this afternoon with news of your trip back to Vulyar.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime1st December 2010, 1:59 pm

[OOC]
...and we're walking...
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 12:18 am

It's the 4th of Aryth, early afternoon, when you leave Vom and head south along rough wagon road. You reach the wide cobbled trade road after sunset, and camp near the intersection. The next day sees clear skies and colder air, and a full day of travel with your new horse goes by seeing no one other than a couple of trains which pass by to the south. At the end of the next day, the 6th, you arrive in the outskirts of Vulyar about an hour after dark. The lights of outlying farms have looked encouraging in the night, and now the warm lights of windows in the town and the smells of woodsmoke are welcome indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eberron One
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next