The Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.

HomeFront PageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eberron One

Go down 
+3
Cole
ehiker133
DM
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

Eberron One - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 1:45 am

Caby says, "We'll need to board Franz for the night and then get rooms for ourselves, too. We should go check out the Iron Horse, the inn we stayed at before."

She starts heading in that direction, looking for an obvious place to stable Franz on the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 3:02 am

Headed in toward the center of the town, you pass by a tall, wide archway in the middle of a 3 story stone building on your right. The archway goes about 15 feet in, then opens up into a courtyard. On one side of the archway is a sign depicting a tree in black, and proclaiming "Blacktree Inn." There seem to be stable doors and an ostler back there in the courtyard.

Warm orange light, smells of cooking, and the sound of voices pour out into the courtyard from portals yet unseen. Light can be seen in several windows above you, facing onto the street.
Eberron One - Page 28 Inn_co10
Back to top Go down
http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 11:14 am

Caby's stomach growls at the smells of cooking food.

She turns to the rest of the party and says, "THIS place looks promising! We could board Franz for the night and get something good to eat! And maybe even keep an ear out for anything of interest."

"I'd like to track down the 'adventurer' who took little Karl's silver shillings and left the poor boy waiting outside the city gates, but I doubt that is likely to happen..."
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 3:18 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby's stomach growls at the smells of cooking food.

She turns to the rest of the party and says, "THIS place looks promising! We could board Franz for the night and get something good to eat! And maybe even keep an ear out for anything of interest."

"I'd like to track down the 'adventurer' who took little Karl's silver shillings and left the poor boy waiting outside the city gates, but I doubt that is likely to happen..."

"Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be boasting of it."
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 4:51 pm

As you enter the courtyard, the ostler comes over to you, a man seemingly in his sixties with rangy white hair. "Staying for the night then, are you?" He surprises you a bit with a Brelish accent. "This is a fine lookin' destrier.. 'e needs a good brush don't ye boy?" He pats Franz.

A sign out here, near the stable door, proclaims the costs for all the livery services.

DM wrote:

Stabling, one night 2sp
Stabling, one week 14sp
Stabling, one month 50sp
Vehicle Storage, one night 2sp
Vehicle Storage, one week 12sp
Vehicle Storage, one month 40sp
Goods Storage, one night, per square yard 4cp
Goods Storage, one week, per square yard 8cp
Goods Storage, one month, per square yard 2sp, 2cp
Private Storeroom, 10 x 10 space 40sp
Riding horse rental, per day 6sp, 25gp deposit
One-horse, two-person carriage rental, per day 18sp, 100gp deposit
Two-horse, two-person carriage rental, per day 22sp, 100gp deposit
Two-horse, four-person carriage rental, per day 28sp, 100gp deposit
Two-horse, four-person coach rental, per day 40sp, 100gp deposit
Four-horse, six-person coach rental, per day 54sp, 100gp deposit
Coachman rental, length of job 26sp
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 5:04 pm

Keeping a distance from Franz's sizable hoofs, Caby says, "That is Franz, and I suspect he could use a good brushing! Especially up near his ears where I have a little trouble reaching..."

She has Tagor assist her in taking bags off Franz as quietly as possible (not tossing the bags onto the ground, if you will).

She shortens the rope between the two bags with a half hitch and puts it over her left shoulder (thus keeping her sword arm clear) and continues, "We might as well pay for a full week. Here." She passes him a gold coin. "Please take good care of him."

After a pause, she says, "I suppose we'll need room and some food, as well. Might that be available inside?"
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 5:50 pm

"Aye, 'tis" says the ostler, and points you to one of several doors that let onto the courtyard. This one is a tall, round-arched wooden double door, with a lit lantern hanging over it. At the top of the arch is a crest showing a black tree on a field of green. One door stands a couple of feet ajar, and warm light and good smells pour forth from inside. Two stone steps lead up to it.

"I'll take good care of 'im milady! Come along Franz, there's a good boy. Evening Father." He bows his head to Tagor and heads off to the big stable doors with Franz.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2010, 6:01 pm

Entering the door which stands ajar, you see a bar with a busy looking, plump, bald man behind it. You also see a large common room with tables, benches and chairs fading off into the smoky shadows, full of people and several serving wenches. Near the bar, and almost straight in from the door, is a modest sized fireplace, a nice blaze going in it, with 3 chairs around it and a small side table. You also see hallways heading off in several directions, some apparently lit by cold-light crystals.

Up at the bar is a sign with the following information:

DM wrote:

Ale, per pint 8cp
Beer, per pint 4cp
Wine, per glass 12cp
Wine, per bottle 4-8sp
Liquor, per glass 8-10cp
Brandy, per glass 16-32cp
Tea, per cup 4cp
Breakfast 1-2sp
Dinner 2-6sp
Supper 2-6sp
Dormitory, one night 2sp
Dormitory, one week 12sp
Dormitory, one month 40sp
Private Room, one night 8-10sp
Per additional person +2sp
Private Room, one week 48-60sp
Per additional person +12sp
Private Room, one month 180-250sp
Per additional person +50sp
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2010, 12:21 am

Caby walks up to the bar, puts her hands up on the edge and tries to pull herself up to peer over it.

"Good evening, kind sir," she begins. "Have you any private rooms left for rent? And we'll be needing some food and drink this evening, as well... is there someplace we can sit for the latter?"

If seated shortly, Caby will order tao and a fine supper. If it comes up in discussion with the man behind the bar, she would like a good private room for the night.

Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime3rd December 2010, 12:45 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby walks up to the bar, puts her hands up on the edge and tries to pull herself up to peer over it.

"Good evening, kind sir," she begins. "Have you any private rooms left for rent? And we'll be needing some food and drink this evening, as well... is there someplace we can sit for the latter?"

If seated shortly, Caby will order tao and a fine supper. If it comes up in discussion with the man behind the bar, she would like a good private room for the night.

"Ah, good eefnink! I am Adolf Black! Yes dere are enough rooms for all of you, if you vish. You can find a table in here" he motions over into the big common room "or ve can haff your supper in a dining room, yes? Four rooms, or some are togezzer?"
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime4th December 2010, 2:35 am

"I don't know about the boys, but I'll need a private room for myself." She looks over at Jaral, Ducats, and Tagor and waits to see what they say.
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime4th December 2010, 2:30 pm

Ducats will reserve his own room, and a place in the stable for Cash if they don't want dogs in the rooms.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime4th December 2010, 4:21 pm

Cole wrote:
Ducats will reserve his own room, and a place in the stable for Cash if they don't want dogs in the rooms.

Adolf actually prefers that you have Cash in your room.

After you get rooms settled, what would you all like to do next?
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime4th December 2010, 4:51 pm

DM wrote:
Cole wrote:

Adolf actually prefers that you have Cash in your room.

After you get rooms settled, what would you all like to do next?

Ducats will trustingly pay Adolf whatever price he mentions. After that he'll have a bath and sleep off the rigors of the prior adventure.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime4th December 2010, 6:59 pm

"I'd like a good hot meal in my private room, and I'd like a private room with a bath, if that's possible." Once she eats and takes a hot bath, she'll head to bed for some well-earned rest.

When she wakes up in the morning, she'll grab her bags and head downstairs to get some breakfast. During her meal, she'll ask the waitress if there is a jeweler in town. Once everyone else is up, she says, "I think it would be a wise idea to head to a jeweler and exchange some of this coin for something a bit easier to carry around. Or do you think it might be better spent on something else?"

OOC - Caby will take the best supper @ 6 sp, the best private room @ 10 sp, and a good breakfast @ 2 sp, so 18 sp total. The "something else" would be Mike's recently published rule about spending the coin you find for additional XP. Caby isn't really the extravagant type, but I'll ponder it tonight and see if I can think of something she'd be likely to spend money on.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime4th December 2010, 7:50 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
"I'd like a good hot meal in my private room, and I'd like a private room with a bath, if that's possible." Once she eats and takes a hot bath, she'll head to bed for some well-earned rest.

When she wakes up in the morning, she'll grab her bags and head downstairs to get some breakfast. During her meal, she'll ask the waitress if there is a jeweler in town. Once everyone else is up, she says, "I think it would be a wise idea to head to a jeweler and exchange some of this coin for something a bit easier to carry around. Or do you think it might be better spent on something else?"

OOC - Caby will take the best supper @ 6 sp, the best private room @ 10 sp, and a good breakfast @ 2 sp, so 18 sp total. The "something else" would be Mike's recently published rule about spending the coin you find for additional XP. Caby isn't really the extravagant type, but I'll ponder it tonight and see if I can think of something she'd be likely to spend money on.

I'll say the 10sp room has a bath. A woman prepares it for you, bringing hot water up from the kitchens. The food at the Blacktree is very good, though not as 'fancy' as the Iron Horse. There are all the Karrnathi standards though, some of which were pictured before. All the beer, wine and liquor available here is from this part of Karrnath, whereas the Iron Horse also had choices from all around the country, Korth, Mror Holds and even one from Aundaire. The plates here are larger and fuller, and the steins are bigger.

In the morning you're told there is a jeweler downtown.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime6th December 2010, 1:29 pm

[OOC]
Ha ha! It finally came to me (and it wasn't hookers and booze, Mike)!

[IC]
Before heading to the jeweler's shop, Caby will track down an armourer and upgrade her scale mail to banded mail. Trading in her old armour (trade in value of 25 gp?), that should end up costing around 60 gp. She will pay the armourer with copper and electrum (300 cp and 114 ep).

[OOC]
I realize this won't count towards XP, but the additional protection with less weight is a win/win for her! Will update character sheet with the new armour, new treasure count, and the AC change.

[IC]
Then she will head to the jeweler's shop and request costs on the following:

A thin chain and a pendant. The pendant will be a holy symbol dedicated to Olladra in the form of a small double-six domino (roughly 2"x1"x1/8" or maybe 1.5"x3"x1/8" - whatever seems more feasible for the desired effect), where all of the number markings are places where a gemstone can be set.

She is looking to spend about 150 to 200 gp initially. If that is just the cost of the pendant itself, with no gems, then that's fine. The spots for stones are fairly small, but she'll look to fill them with the highest quality diamonds she can afford at the time, and she has a rudimentary understanding that color, clarity, and carat all matter when it comes to diamond grading, so smaller stones can cost more if they are of higher quality.

That should be a cool way to maintain some wealth without carrying around a lot of coin. It is also an homage to Olladra, the God worshiped by the priest who gave her the House Jorasco Dragon Mark of Healing.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime6th December 2010, 2:28 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
[OOC]
Ha ha! It finally came to me (and it wasn't hookers and booze, Mike)!

[IC]
Before heading to the jeweler's shop, Caby will track down an armourer and upgrade her scale mail to banded mail. Trading in her old armour (trade in value of 25 gp?), that should end up costing around 60 gp. She will pay the armourer with copper and electrum (300 cp and 114 ep).

[OOC]
I realize this won't count towards XP, but the additional protection with less weight is a win/win for her! Will update character sheet with the new armour, new treasure count, and the AC change.

[IC]
Then she will head to the jeweler's shop and request costs on the following:

A thin chain and a pendant. The pendant will be a holy symbol dedicated to Olladra in the form of a small double-six domino (roughly 2"x1"x1/8" or maybe 1.5"x3"x1/8" - whatever seems more feasible for the desired effect), where all of the number markings are places where a gemstone can be set.

She is looking to spend about 150 to 200 gp initially. If that is just the cost of the pendant itself, with no gems, then that's fine. The spots for stones are fairly small, but she'll look to fill them with the highest quality diamonds she can afford at the time, and she has a rudimentary understanding that color, clarity, and carat all matter when it comes to diamond grading, so smaller stones can cost more if they are of higher quality.

That should be a cool way to maintain some wealth without carrying around a lot of coin. It is also an homage to Olladra, the God worshiped by the priest who gave her the House Jorasco Dragon Mark of Healing.

Yep, the armorer will give you 25gp for your old scale. He is located on the same street as the Blacktree (Wynarn Street, the Orien Trade Road) but on the west side of town. It will take him 2 days to adjust the set of banded to your size. It's already halfling height, but he has some other work that he has to complete as well, since people are having things repaired in preparation for winter.

Downtown no longer wears the festival garb of Brewfest, but the fountain at the crux of the two main streets, Wynarn (Vynarn) Street and Borutau Street, still sends up tumbling water. Without their streamers and shocks of grain, all the buildings of downtown, and most along Wynarn Street, now clearly present their ornate and heavy stone carvings. Today is sunny, but cold, and those without warm cloaks wish they had them.

The jeweler is an elderly man named Thiele (tea-lee) and his shop is Thiele's Jewelry and Apothecary. He can make the golden necklace for 200 gold in 3 days, but he apologises that for diamonds he would need to send to Vedykar.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime6th December 2010, 2:43 pm

[IC]
"The pendant will be fine for now, then, Master Thiele. How about I pay you half now and half when I receive the pendant?" After a moment's hesitation, she continues, "By the way... have you ever seen an image such as this in your years of working with jewelry and fine treasures?" She pulls out the small figurine and hands it to him to examine. "I'm trying to find more information about it... who it might depict or what it might represent."

Noting the chill in the air during her walk from the inn, Caby asks him where she she might find a clothing store to purchase a winter cloak.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime6th December 2010, 3:10 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
"The pendant will be fine for now, then, Master Thiele. How about I pay you half now and half when I receive the pendant?" After a moment's hesitation, she continues, "By the way... have you ever seen an image such as this in your years of working with jewelry and fine treasures?" She pulls out the small figurine and hands it to him to examine. "I'm trying to find more information about it... who it might depict or what it might represent."

Noting the chill in the air during her walk from the inn, Caby asks him where she she might find a clothing store to purchase a winter cloak.

He laughs then clears his throat, clearly embarrassed. "Uhh.. yes, yes.. those used to be popular vis de soldiers. You hold it under the moonlight, any moon, and it.. ah.. does a little dance, if you know what I mean."

"Oh, and yes, half now is just fine."

For a cloak, he directs you to a tailor's shop down the street.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime6th December 2010, 3:26 pm

Caby heads down the street to the tailor to get information about a cloak (cost, etc.).
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime6th December 2010, 4:23 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby heads down the street to the tailor to get information about a cloak (cost, etc.).

10 silver for a winter cloak
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime6th December 2010, 4:32 pm

Meanwhile, Ducats will hang out at the bar and ask about any recent news.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime6th December 2010, 4:34 pm

DM wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:

10 silver for a winter cloak

Consider it purchased. Will use a gold coin to get 10 silver change.

That all done, Caby will head back to the inn and the warmth of a fireplace to hang out with the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime6th December 2010, 6:23 pm

Cole wrote:
Meanwhile, Ducats will hang out at the bar and ask about any recent news.

Early in the day, you see that one of the tavern wenches is a (very) female-build warforged. Noticing that one of the patrons is eying her rather lasciviously, she says in a deep but feminine voice "do not look too long, you will get splinters." His companions proceed to give him a hard time, predictably.

Speaking with Adolf, he's heard that Viktor Berg, Lord Vom, is concerned lately about some disappearances out in the countryside to the northeast. He has also heard, from Push, his warforged tavern maid, that soldiers from the garrison here have been talking about army warforged going missing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 28 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eberron One
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next