The Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.

HomeFront PageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eberron One

Go down 
+3
Cole
ehiker133
DM
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

Eberron One - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 12:44 am

I wasn't as clear as I might have been - Reeks has his own sword, and so does one of the other men. Smile They don't have armor or shields, but as you've seen those are fairly costly anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 1:08 am

[OOC]

Hmmm... Maybe two guys - Reeks and the other with the sword - and we... think it might be worth asking Karl if he knows of some way we might be able to outfit them with some armour? Seems to me that we could petition the community to assist us in protecting them. Karl might be the person to facilitate that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 1:51 am

[IC]
Caby says, "Let's go talk to Karl and find out if he knows of some way to give us a hand here. Maybe he can petition the community to donate some armour to Reeks and the other guy over there with the sword."
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 1:10 am

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
Caby says, "Let's go talk to Karl and find out if he knows of some way to give us a hand here. Maybe he can petition the community to donate some armour to Reeks and the other guy over there with the sword."

"Might's well buy a spear and make it a party."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 2:05 am

[IC]
"Yeah, that works. You want to take care of the spear while I go talk to Karl?"
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 2:15 am

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
"Yeah, that works. You want to take care of the spear while I go talk to Karl?"

"Okay."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 10:13 am

[IC]
Caby heads off to Karl's farm to talk to him.

When she arrives she approaches Karl and lets him know what they've found out so far at the house.

"...So it looks like there might be a large number of... whatever they are. We think we might do better to bring some help along with us. We have found several ex-soldiers in town who are willing to do the work, but they are poor of equipment. We don't have the funds to equip them with armour and shield. Is there any way you can help us? Maybe make an appeal to the local towns people to let us borrow a few sets of armour nobody is using? We have to get the community involved in rescuing itself, Karl. We can't do that without your help."
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 11:46 am

Karl is shaken but stoic when told about your findings at the Zeeg place. He shakes his head "I never liked old Zeeg.. he could be a real bastard.. heh, but now I'll pay for speaking ill of de dett."
His wife, who was apparently listening, steps into the room toward Karl, and scolds him strongly "Karl!! Tink of Uvay and de children!!" and she says a prayer to the Host.
Karl rubs a hand over his face "I know.. I know..." and you can tell that's probably exactly what he was trying not to think of.

He's visibly regretful when he says "I know of no one arount Vom who owns armour, and, of course, dere are no armoursmitts here. Vom is poor," he says apologetically "and de people here, dey have to keep de farms verking. De manor house was destroyed late in de war, but Lord Vom is in Vulyar, and we still owe de crops." He sighs. "A few figure out a way to keep their swords after they leave the army, but most of them who do, they do it to sell dem, hehe." He shrugs. "I didn't keep mine.. and I'm sorry.. I vish I hatt."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 2:38 pm

[IC]
Caby makes her way back the others and relays the news.

"I'm not so sure how I feel about hiring three unarmoured men to fight with us. Why don't we start by hiring Reeks to come with us and we can check out the tracks from the house. Maybe we can luck out and take a few of these things down and be able to acquire some arms and armour that way."
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 11:23 pm

The door of the tavern swings open, the bright afternoon sun flooding into the small room. A short person stands in the doorway, perhaps waiting for his eyes to adjust. Those in the establishment can see he is a mature halfling, his curly black hair just beginning to show sprigs of grey. He wears well-tailored and brightly colored clothing. A backpack weighs down his shoulders, and he carries a small sack in his right hand.

His eyes squint into the interior darkness, until finally he sees what he is apparently looking for. His voice booms across the bar.

"Caby Darkbriar! Are you so eager to visit Dolurrh that you run away from home?!"

Although his voice and face are stern, a look quickly slides over his features - perhaps the look of an over-indulgent uncle.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 11:32 pm

[IC]
Caby lets out a sigh as her head drops to her right forearm, resting on the table. After a moment's pause, she lifts it back up and says, "Uncle Jaral, what are you doing he..." She closes her eyes and asks, "Did my mother send you?"

She looks... furious.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 11:39 pm

"Of course Mar sent me! You and your father made her so angry she stole Cale's old pony and rode straight to Gatherhold to recruit my help."

Jaral barely stifles a laugh. "You really should have been there, Caby. Are you well, girl?" he asks, concern for the young halfling creeping into his voice
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime7th November 2010, 11:54 pm

Llama wrote:
"Of course Mar sent me! You and your father made her so angry she stole Cale's old pony and rode straight to Gatherhold to recruit my help."

Jaral barely stifles a laugh. "You really should have been there, Caby. Are you well, girl?" he asks, concern for the young halfling creeping into his voice

An idiot with a dog tactlessly interrupts and sticks out a hand. "Pleased to meet ya, old son, I'm Caby's friend Jacob d'Deneith, but they calls me 'Ducats,' cause I know where they's at. Put 'er there!"
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 12:11 am

Cole wrote:
An idiot with a dog tactlessly interrupts and sticks out a hand. "Pleased to meet ya, old son, I'm Caby's friend Jacob d'Deneith, but they calls me 'Ducats,' cause I know where they's at. Put 'er there!"

Jaral seems honestly happy for the interruption, perhaps as a diversion from an obviously enraged Caby. He shakes the man's hand warmly. "Well met, Ducats d'Deneith. I am Jaral Barrelstout, but just call me Jaral if you would. Since you know where those ducats are, make sure you visit my tavern if you ever travel to Gatherhold. It's the Barrelstout Brewery - I think we'd make a mint!."

Jaral sneaks a knowing but friendly wink at Ducats.

Ducats, I've known Caby here since she was soiling her bedclothes. You've been keeping an eye on her for me, haven't you?
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 12:25 am

Llama wrote:

Jaral sneaks a knowing but friendly wink at Ducats.

At this he receives an empy stare, then an awkward grin.

Llama wrote:

Ducats, I've known Caby here since she was soiling her bedclothes. You've been keeping an eye on her for me, haven't you?

Ducats' voice drops to a whisper. "Well, sometimes when we drinks a bit, I guess it happens, even a lady."

He scratches the back of his head for a moment as if he'd forgotten something, then,

"This is my dog Cash Money. He's a bona fide pedigree dog."
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 12:35 am

OOC - too funny, Cole! lol!

Cole wrote:
Ducats' voice drops to a whisper. "Well, sometimes when we drinks a bit, I guess it happens, even a lady."

He scratches the back of his head for a moment as if he'd forgotten something, then,

"This is my dog Cash Money. He's a bona fide pedigree dog."

It is Jaral's turn to give an empty stare, then a hesitant smile as he understands what Ducat is on about.

"Well, nice to meet you and Cash Money." He looks to Caby and back to Ducat as he states, "I'm taking her back to her home, you know...but I thank you for keeping the girl safe."
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 1:39 am

Llama wrote:
"I'm taking her back to her home, you know...but I thank you for keeping the girl safe."[/font][/size]

"But we got a real dangerous job ahead of us!"
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 3:05 am

[IC]
"There's that, Ducats. What else? Oh, and I'm not going home," she adds.

" I'm an adult now, Uncle Jaral. That means I get to do adult things and make adult decisions. I've got to find my own way and something tells me my way lies on a different path than that of the rest of the tribe. The sooner mom figures that out the better. Besides... she did the same thing when she turned of age so I'm not sure what her problem is." She looks at him with steely eyes and sets her jaw with the twitch of a muscle.

Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 9:01 am

Jaral's brow tries to wrinkle itself with worry, but it doesn't take. An easy smile again settles on his face.

"Mar and I both know you take after her. We knew you wouldn't come home right away, either." A tone of finality, the kind one only hears when an adult is speaking to a child, tints he voice as he continues. "That's why I promised your mother I'd watch you until you decided to return home to your parents."

Jaral glances from Caby to Ducats and back again. "You'd best tell me what kind of danger you've found."

Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 10:18 am

[IC]
"Thank you for understanding, Uncle," Caby says. "I can't even pretend to be mad at you for staying as we could certainly use the help." Caby explains everything to Jaral up to the most recent event of him walking into the door of the pub.

"So now we are four... or should we hire Reeks to bear a torch and fight with us if necessary?"

[OOC]
Never a bad thing to have a hireling carry the torch so we don't have to worry about it...
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 10:43 am

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
"Thank you for understanding, Uncle," Caby says. "I can't even pretend to be mad at you for staying as we could certainly use the help." Caby explains everything to Jaral up to the most recent event of him walking into the door of the pub.

"So now we are four... or should we hire Reeks to bear a torch and fight with us if necessary?"

[OOC]
Never a bad thing to have a hireling carry the torch so we don't have to worry about it...

[ooc] I think we still want extra hands, yes.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 10:55 am

"What do you say we pay Reeks and the other man - the one with his own weapon? I can cover the expense if that's a worry, but I expect to be paid back if we find any valuables. Then we'll have one of the men to carry the torch, and the other to watch our backsides."

ooc - decided Jaral doesn't mind acting as a bank of sorts, but isn't quite willing to provide charity at this point.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 11:15 am

[IC]
Caby thinks for a second and responds, "Yeah, two torch bearers probably isn't a bad idea - if they are willing to be hired as such with a possibility that they'll need to fight."

Caby sets out the details of the hire to the rest of the party and Reeks and the other man (who will eventually need a name...):
- Bear torches, other misc gear and/or treasure found
- If they just do this, then a flat rate of 1 GP for two days worth of work
- If the opportunity to equip them with armour arises, and they so chose to be equipped, then each of them will receive 50% of one share of whatever valuables might be recovered if they fight along side the party.
- We'll provide them with torches and food, but they should at least have their own packs and travel gear

She turns to Tagor, Ducats, and Jaral and says, "Does this sound fair to all of you?" And then she turns to Reeks and the other man and asks, "and to you, as well?"
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 1:20 pm

"Sounds fair to me - I'll even buy the beer when we get back into town."

ooc - thereby guaranteeing Jaral dies during the first encounter. hehe
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th November 2010, 1:50 pm

The other man with the sword says "you can call me Brooner," and both agree to the terms. They seem eager to finally be doing something about what's been going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eberron One
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next